Any member of the Halifax arts community is eligible for this award, which recognizes and encourages individuals who demonstrate a record of inspirational leadership. An individual nominated for this category will have; demonstrated several of the following examples of leadership, including:
- A commitment to working in the arts sector, and to the community the Festival serves; (audiences, artists, media, sponsors, etc.);
- Creativity and the ability to arrive at thoughtful, creative and innovative solutions;
- Generosity of spirit with regards to everyone in the community, and to generate and maintain nurturing relationships;
- A focus on community, by having the interests of the arts community at the forefront and always looking for ways to build community, leaping forward, and growing with the community; and
- The ability to motivate and inspire others.
The recipient of the award demonstrates leadership by;
- Creating and sharing a vision for the future, and helping others understand their role in achieving it;
- Actively sharing responsibility, information and credit when working towards the achievement of a goal;
- Giving others all of the tools, guidance and trust needed to achieve the overall goal; and
- Communicating often and in a manner which is fair, candid, honourable and open.
Selection is based on recommendations from the membership, and nominations will be assessed and awarded by the Board.
JazzEast will announce the recipient during the Halifax Jazz Festival. An award will be presented expressing the spirit of community service and the gratitude of the arts community along with a certificate, describing the award and identifying the honoree.
Applicants should be sure to include the following suggested information:
- Description of accomplishments;
- Why the nominee deserves to receive the Susan Hunter Award;
- What impact the nominee’s accomplishment or involvement had on the local Arts community;
- How the individual has demonstrated most or all of the criteria listed above;
- References to validate information provided; and
- Any additional information to assist in the selection process.
Nominations should be submitted via email to email@example.com or by post to PO Box 33043, Halifax, NS B3L 4T6. Submissions will be be accepted until March 1, 2018 at 5pm AST.
About Halifax Jazz Festival:
Since 1987 the non-profit organization the Halifax Jazz Festival has presented a diverse range of musical and educational activities, including the TD Halifax Jazz Festival, July 11-15, 2018. For more information visit halifaxjazzfestival.ca, “follow” Halifax Jazz Festival ontwitter @HFXJazzFest or “like” on facebook.